Hells Bells
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things

+6
Damned1
Raveness
Vile
Quantum Destroyer
Cyclops
YoukoFox
10 posters

Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty Using the tutorial to gain some nice things

Post  YoukoFox Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, couldn't get any ideas Sad but I'll leave one that serves me pretty well

Following the tutorial and completing the tasks gives some nice rewards (1RL for free, 2000 metal and 500 crystal, and more) you don't have to follow the tutorial in a linear way, you can complete de first task and then the third for example, but for the first 3 or 4 tasks it might be wise to complete them in a linear way, the 4ยบ task it's not very usefull because if you're new, you wont do much with a small cargo and the reward (200 Deuterium) is not worth the trouble.

2 RLs (Rocker launchers) don't serve for nothing more than killing a few flies
4 RLs wont stop 4 Light Fighters (I was attacked by 4 LFs and only destroyed 1 LF)

Ussing armor and weapon research to improve defenses it's very ussefull

The fusion plant it's not as good as it seems (it uses 25 Deuterium per lvl)

I hope this serves a little Smile

edit :

the fusion plant doesn't use 25 Deuterium per lvl, it uses 25 for lvl 2, but 40 for lvl 3 so, maybe it's not as bad as it looks right now xD

YoukoFox
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty Re: Using the tutorial to gain some nice things

Post  Cyclops Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 pm

When i used to play i had a top 100 account in Uni 4, got up to rank 64 from memory.

If anyone needs some help or anything dont hesitate to msg me here or in game.

Fusion reactors are crap. a total waste of deterium. Build solar plant up to about lvl 20 then work on solor sats, by all means put a few sats up before you get to 20 on the plant as the sats will get you over the line in some cases without forking out for a plant if you dont have the rez.

When you do start with the sats though make sure you have enough defence to defend the sats as people will see crashing them as a easy way of looting crystal Twisted Evil (i may or may not have done this in the past What a Face )

Meanwhile any free rez throw into research, res spent on research can't be shot down so it's points in the bank that stays there pirat
Cyclops
Cyclops
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty Re: Using the tutorial to gain some nice things

Post  Quantum Destroyer Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

that is a good tip cyclops. this is my first time playing, and i looked at the tech info for the fusion reactor and surmised that it was a waste.
Quantum Destroyer
Quantum Destroyer
Admin

https://hellsbells.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vile Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 pm

also rez that you put into buildings, ie; metal mine, crystal mine, robotics factory and the such, are also forever points. the only points that you loose are from defense and fleet that get destroyed. but if you have a good size fleet that gets destroyed over your or another planet it may leave a debre field that you can harvest once you get a recycler. I think it can only hold 20,000 rez.

Last edited by Vile on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vile
Vile
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclops Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 am

Vile wrote:also rez that you put into buildings, ie; metal mine, crystal mine, robotics factory and the such, are also forever points. the only points that you loose are from defence and fleet that get destroyed. but if you have a goos size fleet that gets destroyed over your or another planet it may leve a debree field that you can harvest once you get a recycler. I think it can only hold 20,000 rez.

Yes each Recy can hold just under 20k Rez, the stats say 20k but when you take space away for fuel it's just under. A smart attacker will create a debris field at your planet by throwing a probe or something like that at it if you have defence there and then go and time the attacks, in other words sending Rec out, then when the recs get to the time it will take the attack fleet to get there they send that so there is only about a 3-5sec difference between the Bang of the attack fleet getting there and the Recyclers getting to the debris field. there are simulators out there that can project how much debris there will be :-)

Also remember the Debris field will only be half of what has actually been lost, so if you are lucky enough to get the debris field you will only be able to rebuild half of what you have lost cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Raveness Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 am

Thanks for the tips... hope to learn more from you guys....

Raveness
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Damned1 Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 am

As far as fusion goes it is very useful on a large sized planet and I will explain why after this little bit about colonizing. First off when you go to colonize a new planet check to see what size it is before you waste time building on it. You really want to have at least 250 fields if you are going to play long term. Anything smaller than your homeworld (163 fields) will be quite useless in no time at all due to limits on how far you can build it.

Now fusion built up to a high enough level will be useful on a large planet when you are ready to go for Graviton. Graviton is the research to be able to build a "Deathstar" which you will need 300,000 energy to obtain that research. The higher you research energy the higher output you will get from fusion reactors.You will also need to build 1,000's of solar satellites to obtain the 300,000 energy.So the reason for reactor is to cut down on the number of sat's you will need to build.The reason to do it on a large planet is because you will have more than enough fields to build reactor and not worry about running out of fields.

Other than this reason I do agree with cyclops that it is useless overall because it does burn Deuterium.

I hope this helps
Damned1

Damned1
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty Defence Help

Post  Aciil Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows which is better for defence, LF or LL? confused

Thanks,
Aciil
Aciil
Aciil
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  acdc Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm

use light lasers for defense. light fighters will also help... but use them for attacking other planets with little defenses. use the simulator for a little help http://setaron.ru/ogame/sim/ this is what i use.
acdc
acdc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty Defence Help

Post  Aciil Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

cool thanks
Aciil
Aciil
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclops Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Damned1 wrote:As far as fusion goes it is very useful on a large sized planet and I will explain why after this little bit about colonizing. First off when you go to colonize a new planet check to see what size it is before you waste time building on it. You really want to have at least 250 fields if you are going to play long term. Anything smaller than your homeworld (163 fields) will be quite useless in no time at all due to limits on how far you can build it.

Now fusion built up to a high enough level will be useful on a large planet when you are ready to go for Graviton. Graviton is the research to be able to build a "Deathstar" which you will need 300,000 energy to obtain that research. The higher you research energy the higher output you will get from fusion reactors.You will also need to build 1,000's of solar satellites to obtain the 300,000 energy.So the reason for reactor is to cut down on the number of sat's you will need to build.The reason to do it on a large planet is because you will have more than enough fields to build reactor and not worry about running out of fields.

Other than this reason I do agree with cyclops that it is useless overall because it does burn Deuterium.

I hope this helps
Damned1

Very good point there on when you go for Gravitation there Damn, but personally i wouldn't be worrying about this until the time comes. i wouldn't suggest anyone goes for gravitation until they are above 1million points. if you have that many points you should have enough defence on your planets to look after what sats u do put up, your mines will be big enough to produce enough rez and you should have enough cargo's to hold all the crystal and deuterium you will need to build enough sats...... why so you need cargo's you ask......... well so you dont become a target it's wise to build all the sats at once, so work out how many you need and how much rez you need to build them all and then build all at once.

I had a top 50 account in uni 4 with well over 50 deathstars and to be honest i only used them as a Fleet save option as they are so god damn slow lol could time my FS perfect with my life with the DS.

Cheers
Cyclops
Cyclops
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  dc0650730 Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:39 am

i like this simulator http://websim.speedsim.net/
if you are running windows you can download it here
if you are running ubuntu or other linux distros you can ask me how to install it in linux if you don't know how
dc0650730
dc0650730
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  dc0650730 Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 am

i forgot to add that you can copy espy reports directly into the sim and it is very accurate i have used it and it has perfectly predicted the outcome alien
dc0650730
dc0650730
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  dc0650730 Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:29 am

use gamestats.org to see if someone's fleet is there and all their planets and everything
dc0650730
dc0650730
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclops Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:56 am

speedsim is the way to go, i used it heaps with my fleet in uni 4, work perfectly except when you didn't add someones techs in. but there is a function to direct copy and paste ESP report in there.. but always check everything before you send as sometimes the copy doesn't copy everything over.
Cyclops
Cyclops
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  blinkin11 Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 am

So is anyone elses tutorial bugged? I read the ogame forums and saw some posts about it being broke on our Uni.

I havent gotten past 4 even though I have met requirements for most of them after that.

blinkin11
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Using the tutorial to gain some nice things Empty tutorial

Post  iskandae Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:05 am

hi guys iv been trying to complete the tutorial like you sugested and it was going well, then i got to the section were i have to make a buddy request i have tried for 3 weeks now and it always comes up invalid player am i doing somthing wrong?

iskandae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum