Hells Bells
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planets for resources

5 posters

Go down

Planets for resources Empty Planets for resources

Post  blinkin11 Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm

So I have been reading up on having planets that are mainly for resources, while your "main" planet is your central hub.

My question is...

My assumption is that planets are on their own. So when you colonize, the only outside help it gets is from your own resources flown to it. So say I wanted to make a planet with a main resource output say um metal. I would of course stack mines on that planet along with power sources and I assume some defense in case I am caught not fleet saving overnight or during work.

So if I wanted to build better defenses on the other planet I would have to research for it there too as well right?

Also I was reading the post earlier about gaining all the resources and energy needed for a deathstar.... Since you have to make so many sats + other energy suppliers and also all the research to even get to that point.. Do you just transport all the resources to the planet to do that? and build it there? I dont know if ill ever even be able to build one I am just trying to understand what is needed to really get another planet going without having to completely duplicate the first one I have.

blinkin11
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Planets for resources Empty Re: Planets for resources

Post  acdc Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:39 pm

just make the colony as close as possible to your own planet.
you wont have to duplicate research.
but you might want to build all mines, dont just focus on one resource.
and build defense and a fleet for it too.
acdc
acdc
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blinkin11 Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:57 pm

oh, I could have swore I read that to advance defenses on another planet you had to research there too.

I wouldnt just focus on metal, I would get others too was just using that as an example.

blinkin11
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Vile Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:26 pm

ok, for all of you people who have questions... when you make a coloney; on the new planet you will have to make new mines and if you want facelites ( robo, research, nano ... those have to be built.) now research on the other hand is a bit different. I will start a new paragraph for that.....

research, all the research you have ever done is done, but if you want to research on the coloney you will have to meet the requirements for research lab lvl and robo lvl and or ship yard lvl. then you can continue research.
Vile
Vile
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  dc065073 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:06 pm

the best place for a colony for graviton is slot 1

dc065073

Back to top Go down

Post  dc0650730 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:07 pm

oops lol

the best place for a colony for graviton is slot 1
dc0650730
dc0650730
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  blinkin11 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Vile wrote:
all the research you have ever done is done, but if you want to research on the coloney you will have to meet the requirements for research lab lvl and robo lvl and or ship yard lvl. then you can continue research.

So if I want to do more research on that colony I do have to build up to it, which is understandable.

What happens if I continue to research on the main colony? Will that transfer to the new one?

I guess Ill figure more out once I get to it though.

blinkin11
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  dc0650730 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:20 pm

yes it will research is good for all planets
dc0650730
dc0650730
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Stickman Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:59 am

It might be obvious to some but I didn't realise at first that you don't have to build a research lab on a planet to use a particular level of research that you already have, even though it's listed in the requirements (duh). So for example, Gauss cannon requires research lab level six but you only need that on the planet where you do the research. As long as the other requirements are met on the other planets, you'll be able to build Gauss Cannons there.

Stickman
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Stickman Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 am

One more tip: because you can adjust the level of output of each mine (metal, crystal, deuterium) at any time, it can be useful to build higher level mines than you have energy for. Then just raise or lower the output of each mine according to which resource you need most at any given time.

Stickman
Big Gun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum